New Forest Online and our General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) policy
Some key points in the way we handle data;
- We hold contact information for businesses in the New Forest area, which we draw upon to display on this website
- This information has been supplied by those businesses over the past 20 years
- We contacted the businesses on our database in 2011 to check the details were accurate and ask whether they were happy to be displayed on this website
- All businesses that have been added since then have been done so by the business themselves, knowing that their basic information would be displayed on this website, and have had the option to opt-in to receive New Forest Online emails
- We will occasionally send emails to some of the contacts on our database for our own promotional purposes only
- We will not display any personal names on this website unless they are also the business name
- We will never pass our data to a third party
- We do not request or hold any credit or payment card details for the business listed nor will we ever request them
If you would like your data to be updated or removed, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
New Forest Online, Google Analytics Cookies & the Cookie Law
The new Forest Online website uses Google Analytics to gather non-personal information on our visitors in order to determine how many visits our website is receiving at any given time. This is done through the use of 'cookies' and code which is embedded on our web pages. If you wish to reject the cookies on our website, you will need to turn off cookies in your browser. You can find instructions on how to reject cookies in different browsers here. Please note that rejecting cookies may mean that some sites will not function correctly.
Google's explanation of the Analytics service is as follows:
Google Analytics is a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses "cookies", which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
Technical Cookie Information
If you would like to know exactly what cookies are being used by Google Analytics and how they operate, or if you would like to find out more about the EU Cookie Law, you can do so via the links below.