New Forest Online and our General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) policy
In order for us to operate our business and provide our services to You, it is sometimes necessary for us to collect or process information about You. In general terms, this information will take one or more of the following forms:
- Information that you provide to us directly, such as in the situation where you complete an online form or send us a message via our website;
- Information that is automatically sent to us by Your computer’s internet browser when you visit our website, such as your computer’s technical address (or ‘IP address’) or information about which particular internet browser you are using and so on;
- Information about how you use our website or our services, such as which pages you visit, how frequently you visit the site and so forth.
Some key points in the way we handle data;
- This website is encrypted by https://
- We hold contact information for businesses in the New Forest area, which we draw upon to display on this website
- This information has been supplied by those businesses over the past 20 years
- We contacted the businesses on our database in 2011 to check the details were accurate and ask whether they were happy to be displayed on this website
- All businesses that have been added since then have been done so by the business themselves, knowing that their basic information would be displayed on this website, and have had the option to opt-in to receive New Forest Online emails
- We will occasionally send emails to some of the contacts on our database for our own promotional purposes only
- We will not display any personal names on this website unless they are also the business name
- We will never pass our data to a third party
- We do not request or hold any credit or payment card details for the business listed nor will we ever request them
- No payments are taken through this website and are dealt with by PayPal
- New Forest Online Limited only offers services to individuals over the age of 16. In using our services, you confirm that you have read and consented to this Policy and verify that you are over the age of 16.
What information is displayed in your business listing on this website
Basic Listing (Free)
A free Basic Listing on this website includes the following information about your business:
Telephone / Fax
Link Listing (Paid)
A Link Listing displays everything about your business, including a link to your website from New Forest Online. Link Listings also benefit from preferred positioning at the top of the New Forest Directory pages. Submitting a Link Listing for inclusion on New Forest Online is a fantastic way to get noticed and a great way to increase traffic to your website, whilst contributing to improved search engine rankings. The following information is displayed:
Telephone 1 / Fax / Telephone 2
Users of the website will not be able to submit thier data to us if they do not click that they accept our terms and conditions beneath the form. At this point no information is stored.
External Links on New Forest Online
Throughout this website you might be able to link to other websites which are not under New Forest Online's control and from time to time we may also show links to other websites of interest. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them. We bear no responsibility for the content of these sites and any harm that it causes.
Submitted URL links are manually checked apon submission by New Forest Online to ensure integrity of the Directory and your listing submission can be rejected for any reason. If rejected an option of amending the url or a refund will be given to the value of the listing minus any fees incurred.
New Forest Online, Google Analytics Cookies & the Cookie Law
We have incorporated specific cookie functionality on our website that allows you to easily indicate when you first visit the site whether or not you are happy for cookies to be set on your device, this pops up on all pages and only dissapears once clicked "Got It!".
The new Forest Online website uses Google Analytics to gather non-personal information on our visitors in order to determine how many visits our website is receiving at any given time. This is done through the use of 'cookies' and code which is embedded on our web pages. If you wish to reject the cookies on our website, you will need to turn off cookies in your browser. You can find instructions on how to reject cookies in different browsers here. Please note that rejecting cookies may mean that some sites will not function correctly.
In addition to Google Analytics, we use a number of industry-standard Google services to provide particular pieces of website content. These include:
- Google Fonts: We may use one or more of Google’s web fonts to ensure that our website content is displayed in a clear and consistent fashion across all of the different types of devices and browsers.
- Google Maps: We may use the Google’s mapping services to provide dynamic geographic maps on our website
- Google Recaptcha: We may use Google’s Recaptcha service (which provides the ‘I Am Not A Robot’ functionality) on our web contact forms. This is a security measure to prevent the abuse of our contact forms by automated programs.
Each of these services involve our website making a connection to one or more Google servers, and may result in Google placing cookies on your device.
Google's explanation of the Analytics service is as follows:
Google Analytics is a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses "cookies", which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
Technical Cookie Information
If you would like to know exactly what cookies are being used by Google Analytics and how they operate, or if you would like to find out more about the EU Cookie Law, you can do so via the links below.
How to turn off cookies
If you do not want to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of this Website. For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
Customer / Clients Privacy Policies
You can request to be removed from this website at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to New Forest Online, Londesborough House, 34 -35 High Street, Lymington, Hampshire SO41 9AF.
We may change this Policy from time to time. You should check this policy frequently to ensure you are aware of the most recent version that will apply each time you use the Website.